We love finding new recipes to try out. The cookbook we have been obsessed with is Jessica Murnane’s One Part Plant which contains plant based recipes that are gluten free. In this blog post, we will share our 5 food items that are essential to our cooking routine.
- Nutritional Yeast: As plant based/vegan we top almost everything with nutritional yeast which includes tofu scramble, mac, and cheese, pasta, chilis, and curries.
- Garlic: We add this to any stir fry or any recipes calling for tons of veggies. It makes everything so much more flavorful.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Most know ACV for water but we use this for making chilis and baking (Waffles for Sunday brunch!). It can be used for cleaning purposes as well!
- Onions: If a recipe usually calls for garlic there is 99.9% chance we add onions. We cook mainly with yellow onions but occasionally use red onions for curries and pasta.
- Spinach: Any recipe requiring onions and garlic we add spinach because we love adding greens!
We love to know your cooking essentials in the comments below!
Lots of love,
Jasmine and Phrieda